Sent on behalf of the GRR Covenant Leadership Team:
The Great Rivers Region is Covenanting Together!!
God said, “I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant…. I will be their God and they will be my people.” Ezekiel 37:26, 27b
The Board of the Great Rivers Region has launched a region-wide process of writing a new Regional Covenant. A covenant states our reason for being as a Region and what God expects of us and what we hope from one another. Our current covenant dates to the early 1980’s and does not reflect our current and emerging regional realities.
One part of re-covenanting together is to draw input from the widest parts of our region: youth, pastors, retired pastors, areas, clusters, regional ministry groups, and local church leaders.
Toward that end, you will be invited to participate in an upcoming Zoom meeting to consider these questions:
- What are the most important things that engage us as members of the Great Rivers Region?
- Why has God drawn us together in the GRR?
- What does God expect of us as a region, faithful to the life of Jesus Christ?
- What do we hope for each other to be effective as a region?
- How can a covenant address our emerging regional mission statement: “We are building healthy congregations, in partnership with Jesus Christ, to transform the world.”
Any who wants to answer these questions in writing and submit this to the regional office are welcome to do so!*
However, we also recognize the importance of dialogue and listening to each other as we respond to these prayerful questions.
Thus, you are invited to participate in one of these zoom meetings. You will need to RSVP to the Region Office* by Thursday, November 9 to participate in one of these zooms:
- Thursday, November 16, 6:30 pm moderated by Regional VP Charles Nilon
- Thursday, November 30, 10:00 am moderated by Rev. Brian Hastings
- Thursday, December 7, 6:30 pm moderated by Rev. Carmen Jordan
We look forward to entering into dialogue with you as we shape a new Regional Covenant!
- Stephen Jones, Region President; Charles Nilon, Region Vice President; Carmen Jordan, Brian Hastings, and Patty King Bilyeu (GRR Covenant Leadership Team)
*Please send answers and/or RSVP for your requested meeting date to firstname.lastname@example.org ,